Pages

Được tạo bởi Blogger.

Thứ Năm, 21 tháng 2, 2013

I Hope It's Funnier Than This One

“The Early Bird Dood It” (1942) is one of Tex Avery’s cartoons where the parts are funnier than the whole. It’s full of typical Avery gags, but I just can’t handle the main characters (the Lou Costello whistle of the worm gets annoying after a while).

The bird chases the worm as a Scott Bradley cacophony plays in the background. They stop at a billboard. It’s advertising the cartoon they’re in.



The bird turns to the worm:

Bird: Say, I hear that’s a pretty funny cartoon.
Worm: Well, I hope it’s funnier than this one.


The worm leaps up and the chase resumes.



Here’s the title card. It’s a different colour. I don’t know if it’s the original card or from a Gold Medal reprint.



Irv Spence, Preston Blair, Ed Love and Ray Abrams get the animation credit. Frank Graham plays the bird.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About